Winter 2015

More Hall Succumbs to the Wrecking Ball

No More: St. Thomas More Hall, the Commonwealth Avenue home of Boston College Law School from its dedication in 1954 to 1975, was razed last spring to make way for a 490-bed residence facility expected to open in 2016. Founded in 1929, the Law School had several locations in downtown Boston before taking up residence on the Chestnut Hill campus in the three-story, state-of the-art building designed by Maginnis and Walsh. Seven generations of law graduates, studying under deans William J. Kenealy, SJ, Robert F. Drinan, SJ, and Richard G. Huber, earned their degrees at More Hall.

To view a video of the More Hall demolition, go to bc.edu/lawmagvideos.

Comments are closed.