The Rappaport Center for Law and Public Policy last fall inaugurated an ambitious series of events in its first full season as part of BC Law School. The Distinguished Public Policy Series included:
- The Affordable Care Act after King v. Burwell” with Professors Dean Hashimoto, Pat McCoy, and Mary Ann Chirba.
- “Envisioning a Career in Public Service” with former Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger and Professor R. Michael Cassidy.
- “The Impact of Transit on Economic Development in Dudley Square” with state, city, and neighborhood leaders.
- “Legal Superstars” convened three MacArthur Fellows who are pursuing compelling causes: Marie-Therese Connolly (elder abuse), Margaret Stock (immigration), and Jon Rapping (criminal justice).
- “Beyond Obamacare,” a panel on access and cost containment, featured representatives from insurance, hospital, community, and government sectors.
- “Safe and Sound: Challenges of Women Prisoners in Massachusetts” presented authorities in public safety and prisoner and legal services.
- “Governor’s Legal Counsel: The Best and Most Varied Job in State Government” brought together four lawyers who had served under governors Dukakis, Romney, Patrick, and Baker.
The Rappaport Center for Law and Public Policy at Boston College Law School welcomes readers to attend its forums. To be notified of upcoming programs and events, please send your name and email address to Rappaport@bc.edu.